Korean BBQ

2:15 AM




Korean BBQ is...well...amazing. It's the kind of meal that you leave from feeling super satisfied but not stuffed with carbs and over fed. It's all about the meat, really. If you are vegetarian, you could eat BBQ-ed kimchi, which is just phenomenal and tastes wildly different than raw kimchi.

I've never ordered it without a Korean present (except one time in Seoul but it was sub-par in comparison to the BBQ I've had on Jeju- which is a destination known for its amazing pork- even though I've never seen a live pig anywhere...?). I imagine that it would be kind of difficult. Anyway. There is this pork that comes marinated in soya sauce and a little sugar. You put it on the grill and cook it, and when it's done you cut it up using scissors. Yes, scissors. You can see them in the picture above while Minji prepares to cut through that slab of pork. Koreans love scissors.

Another thing that really makes the BBQ amazing, aside from the meat, is the side dishes. It's also all about the side dishes. I've had a few different variations, but ideally you get some onions and seaweed to eat with the meat, kimchi (obv), pickled cucumber or radish, a sauce to dip in that is a mix between sweet and spicy, bean sprouts, and pieces of lettuce and sesame leaves (which are amazing) to make little wraps. There's also this cold noodle dish that you can order and it is delicious. Sort of like glass noodles. I should never try and be a food blogger. This is horrendous, but the point of this post is to say: I love Korean BBQ. Korean BBQ is the best. It's delicious and I feel privileged that I get to eat it in the mother land. Bless you, Korean BBQ. You might be my favourite part of Korea.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

I don't have Facebook

I don't have FLICKR